Friday, March 4, 2011

Ezay? (How could you?)



Lyrics How (Why)? by Mohamed Munir

How to make you happy with me, dear? Your name is beloved but you continue to upset me. How can you not feel my basic goodness?

I don't feel in your love any reason (impulse) Nor does my truth in loving you console me How is it I raise your head and you put me down?

I am your oldest street I am your hopes better than those that abuse you I am a child dependent on you Lost in the middle of the road/ life.

If love of you was my choice My heart would long ago have changed you for another But I vow I will continue to change your life for the better Till you are content with me.

How can (why do) you leave me in weakness? Why are you not standing at my side? I live my life in this condition so I don't have to see fear in your eyes. On your land and sea, how can I protect your back While sleeping with my own back exposed, humiliated and embarrassed?

No comments: